Chetwynd Centre
Tel: 01785 785270

The centre was built in Gothic Revival style as a new building for King Edward VI Grammar School in 1860. Much of the original building survives with some twentieth century additions. The octagonal assembly hall, with panelled walls, high domed roof and stained glass windows, has been restored in keeping with the Grade II listed building.

 

         

 

Fronting Newport Road, originally the chapel and cloisters stood at the south end, the L-shaped block features more modern classrooms running down Friars Road. When King Edward VI High School was moved to its current home on West Way the buildings were used as a Middle School for many years. Currently it is the home of the Post-16 Centre for the Stafford Collegiate.